Farewell assembly. It's been a long time since i hang out with this part of the class. But i still don't feel like i belonged there. Sometimes i think it's not them whose isolating me, but i'm isolating myself instead.
Was taking photos with dawn and the group at some remote scenic part of the school. Everyone was laughing and chatting, and i was trying my best to loosen up abit (yeah i was smiling and everything but deep inside i was still on the 'battle mode') But after while, i started to question myself, "wth am i doing anyway?". lol. That's when i simply walked off to climb up the flight of stairs to as high as i could get. At the dead end was a little platform with nothing but water and plants. Breathing in the smell of grass and taking the serenity of it all, I somehow remembered my love for solitude. I guess i've been so caught up with trying to be someone that people would like, constantly being so self-conscious etc, that i totally forgot who i am. The original me. The girl who's like a rock and never really cares what others think of her, and just so focused on her goals without any distractions. yeah. those are the things that got her to where she is today. And somehow, at that instant, all these things came back to me. I don't want to please other people, i don't care what they think, i make my own decisions and i'm the master of my fate. As much as i enjoy the company of others, I'm always that independent girl and i don't need to make any extra efforts just to fit in. why should i anyway? Just like what mum said to me, "so long as you love yourself, why bother what they think? you won't be able to change them anyway. Don't waste your time." As i walked down and took a look at them from above, I felt a tinge of arrogance and confidence.
So yeah. Here I am. I'm back :)
No comments:
Post a Comment