Saturday, January 7, 2012

It's now 8 days into the year 2012 and I realised that many people have already reflected and written their new year resolutions..except for me. Oops.

Well, actually i can't really be blamed. For some unknown reason, things haven't been as smooth-sailing as i hoped. I fell really sick during the new year and had to endure for 2 days before seeing the doctor cuz all clinics were closed for the first 2 days of the new year. what a way to start 2012. lol.

Just as I was starting to recover, I had to go for my interview and turned up 15 mins late because I got lost. After much running and dashing across roads in my heels, I finally found the place. but guess what? I couldn't find my way into the building! That took me another 5 mins before i finally got to the interview venue. The rest went on smoothly and i reached home one hour later.

okay...many things happened after that but i shall just stop here.

Many people have found themselves a job by now, except me. I wanted to do some admin work at first, but then i'm afraid that it would me too stressful and boring for me. (haha i don't really like computers actually..unless it's for entertainment purposes)
I thought of working as a retail assistant, but there are so many companies hiring that idk how to start. If possible, I would also like to work in cafes as a waitress. lol. what small ambitions i have xD

Oh yes..i'm thinking of learning jap in a school...but it takes time and money. Maybe i should just rely on self-learn books instead.

Oh yah. I've been rambling on and on..i'm suppose to write my new year resolutions!xD

Here it goes.

1. Exercise! I have been slacking too much ever since i fractured my ankle and with all that studying for A's. Gotta get rid of the flabs and get toned up. Gonna get back to dancing soon and become a better dancer than ever :)

2. Eat healthier.

3. Become more independent. I have to stop being so shy and start becoming more street-smart. Not just book-smart. This also involves becoming more outspoken and eloquent. Guess i gotta start reading up on tips to improve my speaking skills!

4. Volunteer. Actually, ever since volunteering as a mentor last year, I realised that i'm not that cold-hearted after all xD There's acutally joy in helping others...thought i get tired easily. Anw, I need to develop abit more compassion and helpfulness this year. The problem is finding a place to contribute to.

5. Improve my skill sets. Now that academic stuff are out of the way, I can finally start to pursue my passion for learning! :) Yay! This is the most exciting part! Learn a new language, a new skill and develop new hobbies! Can't really reveal much since I'm currently in the mindst of working out the details.

6. Meet more people and widen my social circle. I've always been a loner and proud of it. cuz i'm not like other girls who constantly need many friends to be by their side, taking turns to keep her company. While having many friends is not a bad thing, but being reliant on others to keep them happy and occupied is not something to be proud of. While I can rely on myself to be happy and I have 2 BFFs that i can count on, it's time for me to learn to be more sociable.

7. Find the real me. I've always thought that i know myself well. But over these few years, I realised that inevitably, people DO change and i'm no exception. In JC, i've gone through much ups and downs, gone through new and weird experiences (like studying in a coed school). After going through so much, I feel rather unstable and insecure..like i don't really know myself anymore. During exams, i didn't have the time to do some self reflection, but since i have the time now, it's time to do some self exploration. Who knows? It might be fun. Maybe getting a job and some work experience might help in my journey :)

8. Overcome my fears and find my passion. I'm very scared of my upcoming tooth extraction and that's one of the fears i have to conquer this year (cuz i gotta go for it no matter what. no choice. lol) Finding my passion will probably tie in with the previous point. but of course, finding myself is probably a lifelong journey and i just wanna make it a concious effort from now on, instead of pushing it aside becuz of exams as in the past. Well, at least i must decide what course i want to pursue in uni.

9. Be more decisive! I skimmed through a book at a bookstore the other day and it said that being decisive is not an inborn talent but that it can be acquired as a habit of thinking. Gotta stop being indecisive from now on!

10. Be happy! That's the most important thing in life! :)

Yep. Hope that 2012 will be an awesome year for me and that i can stay happy and healthy! After all, people can only be happy and productive when they're healthy :)

Please let me enjoy tmr's class chalet! Let's have lots of fun! :D

No comments: