Sunday, August 19, 2012

Everyone is unique, everyone is precious.
Yeah i know. I used to cringe at that sentence whenever some motivation speaker says that to the audience. But now, i realised that this simple sentence actually encompasses a principle, a truth that is so hard for us to truly believe in, especially in today's world. Thus, i am writing my thoughts down so that hopefully, i will remember to look back at this post frequently and remember: Yes, I am me.
It is easy for us to say that "oh yeah, everyone is equal regardless of their wealth, status, etc." But in practice, we often go about subconciously ranking others and ourselves based on external measures of success such as wealth, status and popularity. And most of the time, we would develop this sense of inferiority that makes us thirsty of success, for approval.
I don't want to live to the expectations of others. I don't want to be told how to live my life. I don't want to be like other people. Sounds liberating right? But unfortunately, it is really difficult to live by such principles, especially in my society. So I am going to start small. First, to stop comparing myself and others.
Actually i can't really think of it now, cuz my dad turned the television on super loud. URGH. so annoying. Nevermind. Shall start by not getting bothered by little things like this.
I don't know what else to do, I don't know what to expect, I don't know what I should do for a happy life. But I will try my best to figure it out.
Hopefully someday, I will be able to be in harmony and at peace with the world around me.

No comments: